Friday, January 1, 2010

About Nashville Elvis Impersonator Chuck Baril

I am originally from Motown - a native of Detroit, Michigan, and it was there on New Year’s Eve in 1975 when my destiny was set. At the Pontiac Silverdome, Elvis performed an amazing concert to an audience of 60,000 screaming fans along with one young impressionable young man who decided that night that he too would become a singer.

I began singing as a young child and has sung and recorded many styles of music over the years. Three of the songs I have written and recorded have been played on 90 radio stations in 11 states. But I came back to his first love, Elvis’ recordings, because that is what I most and do best.

Me and my beautiful wife Buffie.
Having performed over 300 shows, I have great love and respect for Elvis along with the R&B influences of growing up in Motown. As a boy, I began singing spiritual hymns in church and has continued those early influences as a faithful Christian and member of the church where Ray Walker of the Jordanaires once served as song leader.

I truly want to bring honor to the legacy of the King. My great uncle, the late Jack Kenner, was a ballroom dance instructor in Memphis and used to give Priscilla Presley dance lessons.

I’ve done weekly shows at the Gibson Guitar Showcase at the Opry Mills Mall adjacent to the Opryland Hotel in Nashville and at the legendary Nashville Nightlife Theater. Upon request, the Jordanaires are available as back-up singers in Chuck’s shows. I’m available for private parties, Christmas parties, corporate events, conventions, trade shows and fairs, and will travel to any location. I’ve performed for Bonnaroo 2006 & 2007 (the world’s largest outdoor festival in Manchester, TN with 80,000 in attendance); 2007 Elvis Cruise on Carnival Cruises, Governor Bredesen’s Inaugural Ball, Gallatin Mayor Don Wright’s Re-Election Campaign, the National VFW Convention, the National Business Women’s Convention, the American Legion of North Carolina, the Henry County Fair, the Wilson County Fair – Tennessee’s largest county fair, the Tennessee State Fair, the Southern Fried Festival, Governor’s Square Mall, Hendersonville’s Festival on the Lake, appeared twice on Nashville’s Fox 17 Tennessee Mornings and as well as events all over the U.S. His corporate events include Amway, Ardent, Paragon, AFLAC, IBM, the Red Hat Ladies Society, and countless birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and class reunions. Along with performing, I’m available for pictures, meet and greets and singing telegrams including a really fun one for the wife of Bela Fleck.

To my surprise I was even voted one of Nashville’s Most Beautiful People in 2008!

I’ve spent the last 17 years living in Nashville, Tennessee where music is king and Elvis did many of his recordings. I live in Gallatin with my wife of 22 years and three incredible children. Along with singing, I’ve published a book “The Wedding Present” – a fiction inspirational love story. I’ve written a screenplay titled “The King” about the spiritual side of Elvis and had the opportunity to interview many of Elvis’ musicians, back-up singers, family and close friends for the movie.

This year I started my own booking agency for other artists – The Nashville Booking Agency. Our roster includes some the best Elvis impersonators and other impersonators like Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Tina Turner, Cher, Marilyn Monroe, Patsy Cline, Abraham Lincoln, Barney Fife, The Beatles and Michael Jackson.

Welcome to my wild and wacky journey as an Elvis impersonator. You will get to hear lots of great stories about my experiences of being this great pretender to the throne.

Hope you have as much fun as I do.

Blessings,

Chuck Baril
http://www.nashvilleelvis.com/
http://www.nashvillebookingagency.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment